Pittsburgh’s housing market was spared the boom and bust that hit other U.S. cities, and it remains healthy.
The following are links and descriptions provided by local realtors.
Craigs List - Rental information for a variety of locations.
- Neighborhood Realty Services - "Whether you are looking to sell or buy a home, Neighborhood Reality Services offers a professional and personalized service. Whether in the City, North, South, East or West, Neighborhood Reality Services offers the guidance and knowledge to make your transition as comfortable and stress free as possible. Knowledge is power and with over four decades of real estate experience behind our service, you will be able to take the stress out of your next move."
- Franklin West - "The Franklin West name means superior apartment living. With carefully designed and attentively maintained residences in the Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Butler, Oakmont, and Gibsonia. Franklin West sets the standard by which others are measured. Since 1965, Franklin West has been a family-owned and operated apartment management company. With nearly 1,000 apartments and townhouses, Franklin West offers unique residences to meet the needs and desires of a diverse clientele."
- Howard Hanna - "Through the Hanna Gold Advantage Program, UPMC staff can take advantage of the full range of services provided by Howard Hanna's Relocation and Business Development Department. These services range from counseling individuals moving into the Pittsburgh area to providing information for those leaving the area or purchasing a second home nationwide. Area information packets, neighborhood tours, school reports and cost of living information nationwide are all part of the counseling process."
- The Gateway at Summerset- with it's brand-new one and two-bedroom apartment homes, the Gateway at Summerset offers the finest in upscale living, with all the perks of a traditional neighborhood. From its gourmet kitchens and private balconies to the on-site fitness center and outdoor pool, here residents enjoy a truly comfortable lifestyle. Combine that with an ideal location minutes from the hiking and biking of Frick Park, and the eclectic cafes and boutiques of Squirrel Hill it is easy to see why the Gateway at Summerset is the place to be.
- Greater Pittsburgh Real Estate Services - local, full service real estate company specializing in leasing single and multi family homes. Looking to rent a home? We have access to multiple executive homes in the most desirable neighborhoods and can help you find the home that is most appropriate for your needs. Please visit our website under vacancies to see our rental properties.
- Morrow Park City Apartments - "Located in one of Niche.com's "10 Best Pittsburgh Neighborhoods for Millennials," Morrow Park City Apartments marries both extravagance and convenience for renters in Pittsburgh's bustling Bloomfield community. This 213-unit luxury apartment complex is new to an area that hasn't experienced a residential building of its scale in generations, and Morrow Park's lavish architecture and upscale amenities are certain to break the mold in Pittsburgh apartment living. With 48 unique floor plans including studios and penthouse options and four finish packages to choose from, every Morrow Park unit is specially tailored to its' resident's wishes. In addition, Morrow Park City Apartments is pet friendly with a Preferred Employer program that includes UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh."
- Northwood Realty Services - "At Northwood Realty Services, we have been helping people buy and sell homes in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas for close to half a century. With 900 plus agents and 32 offices servicing 14 counties, we are committed to making buying or selling a home easier, quicker and more rewarding."
- Oliver Real Estate - "Are you looking for an experienced real estate agent who knows the Western Pennsylvania market and can get the results you desire? Let the professionals at Oliver Real Estate Associates put their knowledge, experience, and dedication to work for you. Give us a call today, and we will immediately get to work for you, satisfying your real estate needs."
- Walnut Capital - Welcome to the best in CITY LIVING! We offer a wide array of pet friendly apartments and town homes to suit your desires for an urban lifestyle. Our properties are located in Pittsburgh's best neighborhoods (Shadyside, Oakland, Squirrel Hill, Bloomfield and Monroeville) within walking distance to shops, restaurants and parks as well as public transportation. With over 1,500 apartments and town homes, you will be sure to find the home you are looking to lease.
- Graduate Medical Education Housing Exchange - a specialized data pool of available housing among resident and fellow physicians awaits you.
Pittsburgh is a city of neighborhoods—90 of them, each with its own character and history.
By national standards, rental housing here is affordable and plentiful. City of Pittsburgh resources help many faculty and staff members and students to purchase homes in neighborhoods close to Pitt’s campus and UPMC hospitals. Among those neighborhoods are:
- Oakland, the heart of the city’s cultural, higher education, and medical communities.
- Bloomfield (Pittsburgh’s Little Italy), Squirrel Hill (the city’s best-known Jewish neighborhood), and Polish Hill.
- Regent Square, an up and coming diverse neightborhood in the East End of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that includes portions of the municipalities of Pittsburgh, Edgewood, Swissvale and Wilkinsburg. Close to UPMC, the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University and the neighborhoods of Squirrel Hill and Shadyside.
- South Side, a hip-traditional haunt of coffee shoppers and bar hoppers, as well as families who’ve lived there for generations.
- North Side, where Pittsburgh’s Steelers and Pirates play ball, and where Gertrude Stein and Heinz ketchup were born.
- Lawrenceville, where traditional brick homes mingle with artists’ lofts and galleries, as well as the city’s most historically fascinating cemetery.
Need to get hooked up—to gas, electricity, water, telephone, and cable/internet/DSL services? Here are links to helpful resources:
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission - non-biased information how how to shop for natural gas in the neighborhood you choose to live in.
- People's Natural Gas
- Equitable Gas
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission - non-biased information how how to shop for electricity in the neighborhood you choose to live in.
- Duquesne Light Company
- First Energy
Cable, Internet, DSL
The information provided in this website is not an all-inclusive list of information and is provided for personal consideration only. UPMC and UPMC Medical Education do not endorse any provider of goods or services over another.